Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sister Addictions - Food and Alcohol

Many people in recovery struggle with both alcohol AND food disorders. This issue is so common you often hear food addiction referred to as a "sister" addiction to alcoholism.

We have had many requests for a show that addresses the particular challenges for people in recovery who struggle with both, so we are thrilled to welcome Alison Ross, LMFT to our show!

Alison is a licensed psychotherapist and the Founder of Center for Eating Recovery where she helps women and men of all ages heal their relationship with food and become body-confident. In addition to her work at the Center, she is a consultant for Harmony Place a drug and alcohol treatment center, and formerly Beit T’Shuvah, where she helps to create an environment in which women can heal their relationship with food and body while adjusting to sobriety.

On the show, Alison and Carissa, a Mentor at the Center, discuss three cultural narratives that keep us stuck in food addiction and body image distress and how to break free and get healthy from the inside-out.

Listen through the widget below, or read the tab above about how to subscribe to our podcast! 



Listen to internet radio with The Bubble Hour on BlogTalkRadio

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this episode and resources!! I've always felt addicted to food but just thought it was just me. I feel so much more in control of myself and so much happier after I realized I was eating for the same reasons I was drinking. Time to find the real me again!!!

    ReplyDelete