Sunday, February 16, 2014

What Do You Put In Your Recovery Toolbox? - Part 1

As we begin to change our lives in recovery, we find that “not drinking” is about so much more than what is in the glass we raise to our lips. The tools for recovery include the books we read, the activities we enjoy, and the new healthy indulgences we discover. While there is no definitive list, we’ll discuss some of our favorite things, why we love them, and how they support our recovery. Grab a pencil and paper, because you’ll want to take notes! Join Amanda, Catherine, and Jean for a lively discussion as we examine all the goodies inside our respective “Recovery Toolboxes”. 




Find Additional Lifestyle Podcasts with The Bubble Hour on BlogTalkRadio

8 comments:

  1. Hello ladies! You are such an amazing group of women and I love all of your podcasts! I have a couple of books that have helped me that I wanted to share: Codependent No More by Melody Beattie and The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie. They have both been instrumental in my recovery over the years. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback. It means so much to us, truly! I LOVE both of the books. The Language of Letting Go is my daily meditation.
      ~ Amanda

      Delete
  2. I listened to this episode of The Bubble Hour podcast this morning on my way to work and wrote down as many of your suggestions for books as I could without driving off the road :) I loved this podcast and cannot wait for Part II. I am in day 26 of my sobriety and can't get enough information on alcoholism and sobriety. Thank you all for these podcasts as I feel it is saving my life right now. I listen to them over and over again, even using ear buds a work so I can get through the day. I feel sometimes like we are all sitting in a room together and you have become my new friends. Thank you for all that you do and share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback. It means so much to us to know we are helping even just one person. Congratulations on 26 days! That is fantastic! Stick with it and I promise you it will get better over time.
      ~ Amanda

      Delete
  3. Your show means so much to me. I wanted to contribute that Pema Chodren's work has been a big tool in my tool box. I have bought her audio versions of "Getting Unstuck" and "Don't Bite the Hook" and I have listened to each repeatedly. She speaks so eloquently on the beauty of "just staying" and riding through the feelings that make us want to take that first drink.
    Thank you for this show and your great recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Pema has been so important to me. She has taught me about compassion for myself. Whoa....

      Delete
  4. A book that has helped me a lot is "Sober For Good" by Anne M. Fletcher. I listened to the audio version three times before I quit drinking and once more after sobriety.

    ReplyDelete