Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sober "Firsts" - Part 2

Early recovery is full of sober "firsts”. They seem to come fast and furious in the initial weeks and months, and can be overwhelming at times. Eventually, the “firsts” are fewer and further between, but their infrequency can make them feel more jarring.

This episode is a continuation of an earlier show called, Sober "Firsts” - Part 1, which turned out to be such a rich subject that we continued the discussion. We covered everything from going to meetings to going to work and we even talked about sober s-e-x.

Note: We had so much to talk about, this show ran over our normal hour and is 1.5 hours long. 




Check Out Lifestyle Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with The Bubble Hour on BlogTalkRadio

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing podcast! To open on on here about past abuse....my heart swells for the bravery. Much love to all of you for helping me on my path weekly. I have listened to The Bubble Hour 3 times a day for the past two weeks. I am celebrating Day 11 and have no desire to go back to 'where I was'. Thank you for these candid talks and for helping so many rise above the lava of addiction.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already listened to last night's episode twice. I can't thank all of you enough for the program and all of the strength and encouragement you provide. I started listening to the show months before I committed to sobriety. I don't know what I would do without you. Thank you and bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you guys, thank you for your feedback and support. I have had a little bit of what Brene Brown calls a "vulnerability hangover" after my share, but I sincerely hope it reaches and helps people. The honesty and grace and humor of our guests humbles and inspires me every week. I am glad we are all on this journey together. Thanks for being with us.

    ReplyDelete