Sunday, January 18, 2015

Getting Unstuck

How many times did we wake up saying, "Today is Day 1," only to pick up a drink later? Maybe we said, "I'm just a binge drinker. I can go weeks without a drink," but we still have a sneaking suspicion that something is wrong and can't quite figure out how to break the habit. Or we get some sober time - 30, 60, 90 days or more - and then think, "Surely I have figured out to moderate by now!" We cycle through dark thoughts of shame and defiance to willingness mixed with confusion. How can we get unstuck and into a sober life? Join us on this episode as the co-hosts of The Bubble Hour discuss the stages of change from around a table at our first ever in-person meeting. We talk about getting into action to move out of stuck thinking and into a life of recovery.




Check Out Lifestyle Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with The Bubble Hour on BlogTalkRadio

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you for the Bubble Hour. I found you via Ellie's blog - I read a lot of mom blogs which let me to One Crafty Mother, and I have followed Ellie's story for a long time. I recently clicked on the Bubble Hour just out of curiosity (I am a normal drinker but I do have alcoholism in my family) and I found it so fascinating, and so helpful in so many areas of my life - especially with my anxiety. I find it so interesting that so many things that people in recovery work on to improve their lives also apply to non-alcoholics. I just love listening! Thanks so much for all your good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support! Yes, we have found that the tools of recovery from alcoholism and addiction apply to the recovery/healing work of all aspects of life. Dawn over at SheRecovers talks a lot about how we are all in recovery for something. Check out her website for a great list of reading material.

      Delete
  2. This was a great discussion! I felt like I was at the table with you ladies - nodding my head in agreement, laughing, reflecting. The Bubble Hour is one of my main go-to's in my sobriety toolbox. I can always relate to a piece of every episode, to something everyone there has discussed. Thank you for what you do!! You ladies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being with us virtually! So glad to know the laughter and the heart are reaching people. Sending sober hugs!

      Delete